The Donor Relations Manager will be responsible for donor engagement and communications intended to increase philanthropic support for the Edisto Island Open Land Trust. This person will work with the Executive Director to provide strategic leadership to create, execute and manage the year-round fundraising programs and events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Implement and build upon a metrics-driven, donor program by establishing measurable fundraising goals along with appropriate measurements.
With the assistance of the Executive Director, oversee the strategic development of a comprehensive fundraising plan and appeal schedule; initiate and implement fundraising strategies to identify, cultivate and solicit new and existing donors.
Maintain frequent personal contact and communication with donors, board members, prospects and other key constituents to strengthen relationships.
Ensure the donor database is maintained and donor communications are operating according to the fundraising plan.
Coordinate prospect research by utilizing multiple resources including the donor database to identify potential major gift and planned gift donors.
Design and distribute communication materials related to fundraising initiatives.
Develop, coordinate, and implement all fundraising program and event elements with the support of the Executive Director.
Assist with marketing and public relations related to donors and events.
Maintain a positive and productive working relationship with all land trust staff, board, donors, and a cross section of community stakeholders and organizations.
Education: Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in fundraising, marketing, communications, business, or related field.
• Minimum of three years of experience in fundraising and donor relations.
• Track record of identifying, cultivating, and soliciting donations.
• Experience or interest in conservation or environmental issues.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, and communication skills (both oral and written).
• Creative, innovative, and able to devise new approaches to philanthropy.
• Success in leading an annual fund program with demonstrated year-over-year growth.
• Ability to think and act independently as well as collaborate with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to thrive and be flexible in a dynamic and fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
• Experience with fundraising databases.
• Must be energetic and have a positive public presence.
• Strong administrative and organizational skills.
• Computer and software skills must include use of Word and Excel, Adobe, and Constant Contact knowledge is helpful.
• Passion for the mission of the Edisto Island Open Land Trust.
Employee benefits include employer contributions for HSA, dental and vision plan, paid holidays, vacation and personal/sick leave, retirement plan with employer match.
Salary Range- $50,000- $60,000 per year
Submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Donor Relations Position
(Position will remain open until filled)
A cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for the position.
A detailed resume, or curriculum vita.
Three professional references with contact information